For the Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 C milk
- 1/4 c. butter
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 c. shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, the sugar and the vanilla – combine well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- Then add both the egg mixture and the flour mixture all together and stir just until combined.
- On your stove top, bring the milk and the butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir constantly until it boils. Now add that to the mixture.
- Spoon them into muffin tins (using muffin cups – it’s a must) and bake at 350 for 19 minutes or until cupcakes look slightly golden. Remove from oven and top each cupcake with the topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar and the butter. Stir in the coconut and then add the cream. Spoon it over each muffin. If it seems to runny (which it will be a little – this is okay), then just add some more coconut to the topping mixture and stir again.
- Allow to cool, although we enjoy them hot. They are very good, and for some reason the cake reminds me a little of a coffee cake batter but the sticky caramel coconut concoction adds the right level of sweetness!
Check out more great Recipes from dailydishrecipes!